Rosehip is used by the ancient Egyptians, Mayans, and Native Americans as it has amazing properties. During wartime in Britain, it was used to ensure children’s resistance to infection.
What is Rosehip Oil?
Rose essential oil is made from the rose petals while rosehip oil or rosehip seed oil comes from the seeds of rosehips. Rose hips are the fruit that is left behind after a plant has flowered & dropped its petals.
A cold-press extraction process is used to separate the oil from the hips & seeds
Rosehip oil is used for facial skincare as it protects the skin & increases cell turnover as it has beta-carotene (a form of vitamin A) and vitamins C and E; these all are antioxidants that help to fight free radicals. Rosehip oil has healing properties as it has a chemical structure.
Rosehip Oil Benefits for Skin and More
- Anti-Aging Properties : Rosehip oil has significant benefits for your face. It is super-light & non-greasy, this oil has high antioxidants & can penetrate deeper layers of the skin, where it can improve moisture levels and reduce visible signs of aging. It helps to stimulate collagen production in the skin. Rosehip oil has skin-rejuvenating properties of vitamins C and A and lycopene.
- Protection from Age Spots : Our skin is damaged by the UV rays that result in age spots hyper-pigmentation on the face. Rosehip oil has antioxidant properties that are the combination of vitamins C & E; it helps combat free radicals that cause sun damage. It has deeply moisturizing & helps in removing redness & irritation.
- Helps with Stretch Marks and Reduces Acne Scarring : Rosehip oil helps to get rid of scars & reduces the appearance of stretch marks by promoting skin regeneration. It helps in softening the skin that also increases hydration. It helps with cases of eczema thanks to its emollient status, which means it can provide a protective barrier to the skin while also smoothing out flakiness. It helps to reduce dry scalp & itchiness that are caused by the chemicals in most store-bought shampoos.
- Boosts the Immune System : Rosehips are the source of vitamin C that helps to treat infections & boosts immune function. Fresh rose hips, rosehip tea, or a rose hip are the best option for keeping the immune system strong. Vitamin C is responsible for collagen production in the body that is an important element in the structure of bones & muscles.
- Reduces Inflammation and Helps Arthritis : For people who suffer from arthritis, rosehip is useful for them. Rosehip oil reduces arthritis-associated inflammation by inhibiting the production of inflammatory enzymes and proteins.
How to Use It
- You must be wondering how to use rosehip oil for your skincare routine and more. Don’t worry A.G Industries is the trusted company that makes pure & organic products.
- Rosehip oil is very delicate & can easily go rancid, so you should take great care of it.
- Keep it in the refrigerator or store in a cool, dark location as it helps in preventing rancidity
- Rosehip oil is dry oil as it absorbs quickly into the skin. It can be directly applied to the face using gentle, massaging motions or use it in numerous skincare recipes.
Risks and Side Effects
- Rosehip is safe for topical use but before using it do a small patch test so that you won’t have an adverse reaction.
- If you have redness, stinging, itchiness, or any other signs of irritation, wash it off and discontinue use.
- If pregnant or nursing consult a doctor before use.