Organic hydrosols are gaining popularity day by day. Hydrosols are water-based liquids having the characteristic aroma of the flowers, plants, herbs, or shrubs from which the hydrosols are extracted.
Let’s know about the lavender hydrosol:
- Botanical Name: Lavendula Angustifolia
- Color: Colourless clear liquid
- Odor: Characteristic odor of lavender
- Methods of Extraction: Hydro Distillation
- Solubility: Insoluble in alcohol & oils and soluble in water.
Different ways to use Lavender Hydrosols
Lavender hydrosol is the natural substitute as it is versatile that’s why it takes good care of the skin, hair & well-being.
Here, some applications of Lavender hydrosol:
- In the formulation of bath gels
- As an aromatherapy oil
- In the manufacturing of soaps
- In the formulation of certain body lotions and moisturizers
- In the manufacturing of perfumes and scents
- As a massage oil
- In the manufacturing of tinctures and medicines
Benefits of Lavender Hydrosol for Skin
Helps in treating acne
Lavender hydrosols help in getting rid of the acne problems as it has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antiseptic properties that help to fight the bacteria causing acne and pimples.
Can detoxify skin naturally
Our skin is exposed to the environment that’s why it is affected by the different toxins & pollution that deteriorate skin health but also result in various infections & allergies. Lavender hydrosol is filled with powerful antioxidants that fight & reduce the effects of harmful pollutants on the skin.
Can also be used to soothe burns faster
Lavender hydrosol has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that play an important role in healing the burns and also in speeding up the recovery process.
Insect bites can also be treated
Lavender is the best way to repel insects as its few drops are needed to reduce the effect.
Works amazingly when used as a skin toner
Lavender hydrosol is the natural substitute for skin toner. It improves the skin complexion and makes the skin firmer, and also promotes new cell generations.
Benefits of Lavender Hydrosol for Hair
Helps in controlling hair loss
It works amazingly in treating the hair loss problem as it enhances blood circulation and also helps to cure problems like stress, insomnia, anxiety, hypertension, and depression; that are related to mental health and directly indirectly cause hair loss.
A sure to go solution for Alopecia Areata
Alopecia Areata is a disease in which the patient has to suffer from hair loss and that too in patches. It helps in quick hair growth & treats the dry scalp, hair loss & baldness.
Treats dandruff and head lice naturally
Blend it with almond oil as it will help you to get rid of the problem of dry and itchy scalp having dandruff and head lice. Lavender hydrosol has powerful antiseptic properties that help in relieving the scalp from the lice and lice eggs as well so that you can get completely rid of this problem.
Works as a good conditioner
It is used as a conditioner to nourish the hair as it is known for its amazing moisture content and when this hydrosol is massaged on to the scalp and hair strands, it tends to improve the texture of the hair and makes them silkier, shinier, healthy and stronger. It also promotes hair growth by strengthening the hair from roots.
Treats premature graying of hair
If you have premature graying of hair then lavender hydrosol is an amazing solution to the problem.
Benefits of Lavender Hydrosol for Well Being
- Helps in the treatment of insomnia, anxiety, and depression
- Lavender hydrosol helps in aiding proper digestion
- Lavender hydrosol helps in healing the wounds naturally
- Lavender Hydrosol helps in relieving nausea and bloating
- Lavender hydrosol is helpful in the treatment of tired muscles
How to use Lavender Hydrosols
Here are some ways listed in which the Lavender hydrosol can be used to serve humans in solving many major and minor issues:
- Use the hydrosol with a diffuser to make the surrounding environment smells pleasant for uplifting the mood.
- Just pour 2-3 drops of lavender hydrosol into your bathing water to soothe and relax the mind and also to relieve the body pain
- For everyone who wants to have sound sleep can use the lavender hydrosol spray on your pillow for calming the tensed nerves of the mind
- If you don’t want your clothes to smell bad, you can place the lavender hydrosol in your wardrobe
- The lavender hydrosol can also be used as a massage oil to soothe the pain from the infected parts.