You don’t need to be an expert or don’t need any training on how to use essential oils. You just need to know about safety precautions & using methods; it’s very easy to use essential oils.There are three ways to use essential oils:
Smell: It is called the aromatic use of essential oils. It includes different application methods that help you in experiencing the aroma of the oil. It can be used in the following ways:
- Diffusing an essential oil in a diffuser
- Applying a drop to your hands and inhaling
- Wearing as a personal fragrance
On Skin: When you use essential oils topically it is absorbed into the skin.Let’s know about some of the ways:
- Apply to targeted areas and rub in
- Add to lotions or moisturizers
- Dilute with carrier oils before using
Ingestion: It is used internally as it allows the oil transported throughout the body. You should know that it is safe for internal or not; if it is safe then use the following methods:
- Add to a glass of water
- Take in a veggie capsule
- Put a drop under your tongue
Best Essential Oils :
These essential oils are pure & unadulterated. Every oil is unique in its way & each oil has its benefits & health concerns. Every oil is a household favorite.
Let’s know about some of the popular essential oils:
- Lavender Oil
- Tea Tree Oil
- Lemon Oil
- Lemongrass Oil
- Eucalyptus Oil
- Chamomile Oil
- Almond Oil
- Orange Oil
- Peppermint Oil
- Carrot Seed Oil
Safety of Essential Oils:
You should keep in mind some of the things while using essential oil:
- Don’t use oil on sensitive areas like the nose, ears, eyes, or broken skin & avoid using “hot oils” on the face.
- Read labels & package instructions before reading essential oil.
- Dilute to minimize skin sensitivity.
- Be aware of oils with sun allergy warnings.
- Keep away from children.
- Consult a doctor before using essential oil if pregnant, breastfeeding, or on medication.
*Hot oil or strong oil like Cassia oil, Cinnamon bark oil, clove oil, oregano oil, thyme oil & other.
Other Ways to Use Essential Oils Aromatically:
- Put on a cotton ball & keep on the air vents of the vehicle.
- Mix in a spray bottle with water & spray on furniture, carpet, or linens.
- Add in the laundry or dryer sheets.
- Use for cleaning household cleaning.
Other Ways to Use Essential Oils Topically
- Warm bath
- Make a hot or cold compress by soaking a cloth in water, adding essential oils, and then applying to the desired area
- Add oil to a lotion or moisturizer and then apply to skin
Avoid Sensitive Areas
- Some facial areas, such as the skin around the eyes
- Eyes and inner ears
- Broken, damaged, or otherwise injured skin
- How to use Essential oils internally?
- When these oils are ingested they directly enter the bloodstream by the gastrointestinal tract; these are transported in the whole body.
- Different methods for internal application:
- Add essential oils to water, smoothies, milk, tea, or other drinks
- Put a drop under the tongue
- Take in a veggie capsule or add to a small amount of applesauce or yogurt
- Use oils in recipes for cooking or baking to replace fresh or dried herbs and spices