Aroma of the essential oils have the ability to enhance the mind, body & atmosphere, improves sleep quality, uplifts mood & precise ambience. Essential oils have limitless benefits & it is very confusing to select essential oil uses. You can choose the oils based on the characteristics of their ‘aroma families’. Every essential oil has aroma by which these can be easily identified (citrus, floral, minty, etc.) & corresponding effect (calm, grounding, cool, etc.) these help to identify the ideal application of the oils.
Here, we will highlight the core aroma families. Essential oils are described as soft, sweet, earthy & warm aroma with spicy undertones. The aroma of the oil can change from one batch to another; this can happen according to the growing conditions of the tree. We will focus on aroma families of the oils.
3 Essential Oil Aroma Notes:
You can distinguish the aroma families on the basis of the primary notes. It is the feature that differentiate on how long the scent lasts. These can be categorized as top, middle & base notes. Some oils can have multiple notes that give them luxurious quality.
Visit product page natural essential oil is a well-established manufacturer, supplier and exporter.
Oil blends can change over the time because essential oils have different degrees of volatility meaning that they all have diverse rates of evaporation & every oil has its own causes.
- The oils that have small molecules are used in essential oil blends; most volatile oils evaporate first. These are known top notes; these disappear first & there scent are also detected first.
- Base notes are oils with large & heavy molecules, these are slow & last to evaporate that’s why they are long lasting scents.
- Middle notes are those which reveal their scents gradually & help to combine the top & base notes for peaceful fragrance.
Which Oils Blend Well Together?
An individual’s preference can decide what smells good together. When you combine oils from the same family they blend well but this is not the rule. You can easily make blends when you know the choice of the person or purpose. The best combination of oils is when you mix all 3 notes that create a balanced & harmonious aroma.
8 Families of Essential Oil:
Many oils can have more than one aroma so don’t get confused. Let’s check out the table given below:
Essential oils are derived from different plant parts. Let’s have a look:
Uses of Essential Oil in Different Fields:
- Relaxes & makes mind peaceful
- Improves the health of the body, mind, and spirit
- Enhances both physical and emotional health
- Aids in digestion, disorders in the nervous system, bronchial complaints, rheumatism, and other ailments
- Treats rheumatism, relieves pain, flu, colds, and chills
- Helps in the circulation, muscle pains, emotional and physical coldness
- These can irritate if used without dilution.
- Consult doctor before use if pregnant or breastfeeding.
- These can cause redness, rash, hives, burning, bleeding disorders, decreased speed of healing & low blood pressure.