Lavender oil is one of the best essential oil. It is used in aromatherapy as it promotes relaxation & treats anxiety, depression & aromatherapy. It has antibacterial & therapeutic properties that’s why it is beneficial for acne.
It has antibacterial & antiviral qualities that protect your body from rare diseases.
Common Name: English lavender, French lavender, lavandin, Spanish lavender, high altitude lavender, Himalayan lavender, lavender mailette, population lavender, lavender fine, spike lavender, lavandin grosso, lavandin super, lavandin abrial, Bulgarian lavender
Latin Name: Lavandula angustifolia
About Lavender Oil:
Lavender is a flowering plant. Its flowers are light purple. Its height is 2 to 3 feet. This tree loves hit sun & dry soil. It flourishes well when it receives 8 hours of direct sunlight & are planted high-quality & potting mix.
- It has calming, physically & emotionally balancing fragrance; it is used for relaxing effects on the body.
- It is used in cosmetics, odorous & medicinal uses; it has sedative activities in every form.
- There are more than 30 species of lavender & these are differentiated by their growth form.
- Steam distillation is the method by which the highest quality essential oil is derived.
- It should be avoided if you are pregnant or on medication.
The botanical name of lavender is Lavandula angustifolia; it an evergreen plant that is used to produce essential oil for more than 2500 years. This tree is found in the Mediterranean region.
Lavender word is derived from the Latin word ‘Lavare’ which means ‘to wash’. It is used for relaxing effects on the body as it has to calm & emotionally balancing fragrance. It is used for medicines, religious ceremonies & many more. It is used to clean cuts, to soothe bruises & skin irritations. In ancient times, it was used to make perfumes for the Egyptians & It was used for bath and cooking by Romans.
- It is used in medicines as it eliminates the harmful bacteria, relieves muscle spasms, relieves flatulence, soothes inflamed skin & relieves muscle tension.
- It is used in aromatherapy as this mild sedative is known to reduce stress by relaxing the brain waves.
- It lowers the immunity as lavender supports the immune system.
- It balances the hormones, reduces feelings of nervous tension.
- It supports sleeps as it has calming & relaxing properties.
How is lavender oil extracted?
In the production, process distillation determines the value of oils. The quality & efficiency of the oil may become weak if it comes in contact with the water during the preheating. Steam distillation is the only way to derive the highest quality oil. Clear & highest-quality oil comes after the first-distillation process. In the second distillation process, pale amber color & the strong scent is produced.
Uses of lavender oil:
It is used in aromatherapy, its fragrance is inhaled. It is used to calm & relax the brain. It can reduce emotional stress & alleviate headaches that reduce the feeling of motion sickness & improves the mood. Lavender oil has anti-microbial properties that provide soothing relief to minor burns & cuts. It helps in decreasing the pain and eliminating the bacteria from the wound.
It restores the complexion of the skin. It slows the signs of aging as it has anti-oxidant action. Lavender oil has the anti-septic effect that eliminates the lice, nits & dandruff when used on the scalp. It works as a natural perfume that helps in relaxing atmosphere. It works as a calming scent.
- Relieve headaches
- Support immunity
- Skin healing
- Be a relaxant
- Reduce stress
- Relieve headaches
- Improve joint pain
effective for reducing coughs and colds
anxiety and insomnia
- Be a cold remedy
- Increases mental capacity
- Diminishes fatigue
- Improves moods
- A blend of Lavender oils from various regions & sources, combined to achieve an economical product
- Not therapeutic grade but is all-natural and does not contain any synthetic ingredients or aromatic compounds
- Does not contain artificial flavors or colorants
- Is suitable for all-natural product preparations
- Can be used to fragrance various cosmetic products
- Contain the residual water-soluble constituents from plant matter, which remain after the essential oils are extracted through steam or water distillation
- Can be used on their own or as bases for cosmetic products
- Can be used to make air fresheners
- Is comprised of 100% natural constituents
- Have the ideal percentages of Linalool and Linalyl acetate esters, blended to provide consistent floral notes
- Is ideal for use in the manufacturing of soaps, candles, perfumes, and cosmetics
Contraindications for Lavender oil
Lavender oil can decrease the effectiveness of medications that are related to sleep disorders or depression. It stimulates drowsiness. If you undergo any surgery then it is best to avoid lavender oil. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding then avoid it or consult the doctor before use. It can be harmful to pro-pubescent boys.