Many of us don’t know about the serums. Even if you are using it for a long time then also you may not know its contraindications. It can be used as a moisturizer but it is not a moisturizer. It is oily but not face oil. It is watery but not the essence. There are many questions about serums.Skincare is never stressed, we have done some research so that we can help you. There are different serums for face & hair. In this article, we will guide you about both.
The serum is a product that is applied to the skin after cleansing but before moisturizing. The serum is made up of small molecules that penetrate into the skin easily.
Is Serum a moisturizer?:
Both Yes & No. Serums are full of moisturizing ingredients that help in maintaining skin moisture. Face lotions & creams are rich & they create a barrier on the skin to keep all the good stuff in.
Visit product page Serum is a well-established manufacturer, supplier and exporter.
What serum should I use?
There are many options to choose from. Here are some of the common serums:
- Anti-aging Serum: Purpose of Serum: Anti-aging serum helps in turning back the time & it slows down the process as it combats wrinkles & fine lines. Types of skin: It can be used for all skin types.
- Antioxidant Serum: Purpose of Serum: Antioxidant serum helps to protect your skin from the free radicals that are exposed on a daily basis. These help in the prevention of fine lines & wrinkles & signs of aging. It heals the damaged cells. Types of skin: It is ideal for all types of skin.
- Hydrating Serum: Purpose of Serum: It helps infused skin with extra moisture. Types of skin: It is best for dry skin people but can be used for oily skin also.
- Color-correcting Serum: Purpose of Serum: It is used for skin problems like hyper-pigmentation, enlarged pores & fine lines. Types of skin: It helps in making skin tone even & removing dark spots.
Reasons for using Face Serum
Let’s know about some of the reason why you should use face serum:
- Reason 1: Minimizes the appearance of the dark spots
- Reason 2: Brightens the dull look
- Reason 3: Plump skin & reduces wrinkles
- Reason 4: Boosts volume
- Reason 5: Manages acne-prone skin
- Reason 6: Exfoliates skin
- Reason 7: Hydrates
Why Use a Serum?
Here are some of the reasons to love serums:
- Light Weight: By nature, serums have a thin, fluid texture—so they don’t feel like you’re wearing anything on your skin.
- Fast-Absorbing: While creams and oils contain occlusive ingredients that can form a barrier on top of your skin, serums are made from very small molecules that penetrate quickly and deeply.
- Non-Comedogenic: Most serums, exceptionally if they are oil-free and silicone-free, are absurd to clog pores or trigger acne.
- Targeted: No matter what skin problem you are looking to improve, from dullness to fine lines to dark spots, there’s a serum for such.
- Concentrated: The active components in serums are present at a higher consistency than in other products.
- Effective: Thankfulness to their higher dose of actives and capability to profoundly penetrate, serums will give you better and faster results than most other topical skincare products.
- Easy to Layer: Since serums have a weightless touch, you can easily layer them under your other skincare products.
What Is Hair Serum & How Does It Help?
Just like face serums, hair serums are formed with active ingredients to penetrate deeper into your hair. These are used for controlling frizz, set hairstyles, and protect the hair from environmental aggressors. Oils provide nourishment to the scalp while serums work on the surface level.
Advantages of Hair Serum
- Smoothens the hair
- Adds shine to hair
- Controls frizz
- De-tangles hair
- Repairs hair damage
- Protects hair from environmental pollution
How to Use Hair Serum?
One of the main advantages of serum is that it is a shield against pollution. Serum should be used on fresh, washed, and damp hair. This way it adds a layer of protection to your hair.
How to use:
- Start with the ends of your hair and work your way towards the middle sections of your hair.
- Do not apply serum to your scalp as it can make your hair look oily and greasy.
- Remember, your ends need the most shine, so dab it in!
How Much Should You Use?
Don’t over-use serums. You will only need a pea-size amount of serum if you have thin or oily hair and a little more if your hair is on the thicker and drier side.
- Myth: Thin hair does not need serum because it makes the hair fall flat.
- Fact: Anyone can use a hair serum. If you have thin or oily hair, adhere to the lighter formula. If you have dry hair, go for a heavy and ultra-moisturizing formula.
How to Pick the Right Serum for Your Hair Type?
Hair serums are silicone-based products that cover your hair, smoothen out frizz and flyaways. Choose one based on your hair type and concern:
- Dry and Frizzy Hair
Look for serums with components like rosewood, castor, and marula. All of them provide deep hydration to your hair.
- Split Ends
Your hair is prone to damage. Look for components like keratin (a hair protein) in your serum.
- Damaged Hair Due To Heat and Pollution
Choose lavender and jojoba oils that take care of your hair, de-tangle them, and are super lightweight.
- Dry Hair
There are cream-based serums that can be used and left overnight for your hair type.
- Thick Hair
Serums steeped with argan oils and Morrocan oils should be your go-to if you have very thick hair.
- Curly Hair
This hair type is a bit more complicated to handle. Look for elements like jojoba, sweet almond oil, argan, and marula in your serums. These add an extra boost of hydration.
Colored and Chemically Treated Hair
Look for serums with alliances like coconut oil and green tea extracts.
Is Serum Necessary For Hair?
Hair serum has become an imperative element of our hair care routines for all the right reasons. Shampoos, though are cleaning enough, can expose the hair cuticles. The conditioner does not do a satisfactory job at sealing your cuticle and hence a layer of serum is a must. Add a layer of protection to your hair and prevent heat damage.
Can We Use Hair Serum Daily?
Hair care experts do not recommend serums for everyday use. Restrict the use of serums to special days and the days you wash your hair. But if you have remarkably unmanageable and frizzy hair, you can use an oil-based serum every day as well.
Does Hair Serum Have Side Effects?
Hair serums are formulated for your hair stem and not for the roots. Keep in mind that the chemicals in serums can harm your hair if used for a prolonged duration. They can cause breakage and hair fall. To stay away from the side effects of hair serum, minimize the frequency of application.