About Floral Water
Floral Water – Floral water is a traditional term for hydrosol; it is obtained when we steam distill Leaves, Barks, Seeds, Roots, etc.When the essential oils are distilled through steam distillation, water is condensed. Most of the volatile compounds are accumulated as Essential Oils.
Hydrosols are also called floral water; it is the water that is recovered during the steam distillation of Essential Oils. When the essential oils are distilled through steam distillation, water is condensed. Most of the volatile compounds are accumulated as Essential Oils. But some compounds which are water solvent and they dissolve in steam.
When this steam compresses post steam distillation, this water carries those water-soluble compounds in it and is called Hydrosol or Hydrolate. This Hydrosol is filtered and packed for long term usage by the cultivators and sold in the market.
Are Floral Water and Hydrosols are same ?
Floral water is a traditional term for hydrosol; it is obtained when we steam distill Leaves, Barks, Seeds, Roots, etc. Hydrosol is more of an apt term to use for them.
Floral Water Manufacturer
Floral Water is nothing but a more convincing and easy to appeal term for common masses used for Hydrosol , as Hydrosol appears to be more of a scientific term.
What are the different types of commonly used Hydrosols?
Different types of hydrosols are used for various purposes & are used by people aware of their benefits and have found explored their worth by using them. Mostly all hydrosols have a similar method of preparation & are created when the raw material is steam distilled, so the steam that condenses after passing through the raw material leads to the formation of these Hydrosols. Commonly used hydrosols are below:
- Chamomile Hydrosols
- Rose Hydrosols
- Lavender Hydrosols
- Chamomile Hydrosols
- Peppermint Hydrosols
- Lemongrass Hydrosols
- Neroli Hydrosols
- Eucalyptus Hydrosols
- Frankincense Hydrosols
- Ginger Root Hydrosols
- Helichrysum Hydrosols
- Geranium Hydrosols
- Rosemary Hydrosols
- Tea Tree Hydrosols
- YlangYlang Hydrosols
What are the usages of Hydrosols?
Hydrosols are used widely in aromatherapy & their demand is also rising. Hydrosols are used in both Body Care, Personal Care, and House Care. Different uses of Hydrosols are as given below:
- Hydrosols for Body Care: Hydrosols have got genuine & general application on Body Care. Floral water such as Lavender Oil, Chamomile Oil, and Rose Water is being used in large quantities for hydrating and soothing dry skin. Lavender water helps in healing and soothing the burned skin due to Sun. When the floral waters are used on hair after shampooing they condition the hair and add shine to the hair.
- Natural Way of House Care and Hygiene Care through Hydrosols: Floral water can be mixed with water when bathing as it heals the body & can be used while washing clothes for a pleasant smell. These can be sprayed when ironing the clothes for the fragrance that lasts long. Hydrosols can be sprayed for a pleasant & positive aroma in the house.
Can the Hydrosols be adulterated ?
Yes, there are many sellers who can do adulteration to hydrosols; they add unnecessarily a large quantity of oil to the water and sell it like a Hydrosols. Many hydrosols are prepared with the use of chemicals. These hydrosols are not that beneficial and can be completely ineffective, on the other hand, they tend to harm when used because of the harmful chemical they contain.
How to Identify Quality Hydrosols ?
Best hydrosols are made when the condensed water is refined and packed under standard quality conditions without any contamination. You should buy hydrosols from those who are distilling in their own plant. Distillers are aware of their quality and they produce them in sufficient quantity which they refine and pack for end us. Hope you would have got some understanding of Hydrosols.
If you want to buy the best quality hydrosols visit our website www.pureoilsindia.com or call on our no. We are one of the largest producers of Hydrosols from India and have set the trend of producing the best quality Hydrosols for our customers.
- Do the patch test before use
- If you are pregnant, epileptic, have liver damage, have cancer, or have any other medical problem, consult a doctor before use.
- Keep away from children under 7.