About Carrier Oils :
Carrier Oils are known as vegetable oil but not all oils are derived from the vegetables, some are derived from seeds, nuts or kernels. These are also called ‘fixed oils’, as they don’t evaporate quickly from the skin’s surface. These oils remain fixed on the surface & don’t evaporate like essential oils.
- Base oils that dilute with essential oils are known as ‘carrier oils’.
- These are also called vegetable oil but not all oils are derived from the vegetables, some are derived from seeds, nuts or kernels.
- These are called ‘fixed oils’, as they don’t evaporate quickly from the skin’s surface.
- These are used in aromatherapy or natural cosmetics as these are very beneficial & useful.
- Every carrier oil has different components that have different components, characteristics, color or therapeutic properties.
Visit product page carrier oil is a well-established manufacturer, supplier and exporter.
What are Carrier oils ?
From the time of ancient Greece & Rome; oils were used in baths, massages, cosmetics & medicines. ‘Carrier oil’ term is used for aromatherapy & cosmetic recipes. These are diluted in the essential oils.
It is used in aromatherapy or natural cosmetics. It provides lubrication for a massage. These are very effective & penetrate the skin easily. It prevents the skin from irritation, redness, burning or sensitization that are caused by the essential oils.
Composition of Carrier Oils:
Every carrier oil has different components that has different characteristics like color, penetration speed & viscosity that has many therapeutic properties. These contain components that are fat-soluble vitamins, minerals, antioxidants & nutrients; these help in improving the look of skin as it adds the moisture & reduces the effects of dryness.
Given below are the main constituents of the carrier oils:
- Brighten dull complexions
- Protect against environmental stressors
- Balance oil production while remaining gentle on sensitive skin
- Encourage exfoliation
- Firm and tighten skin for a smoother appearance
- Maintain skin’s moisture level
- Maintain and repair vital skin tissue
- Control acne
- Reduce lines and wrinkles
- Hydrate skin to promote a healthy glow
- Exhibit anti-inflammatory properties
- Even out skin tone
- Reduce age spots
- Repair sun-damaged skin
- Minimize the appearance of scars
- Moisturize and soften skin and hair
- Maintain the softness, suppleness, and radiance of skin and hair
- Stimulate the growth of thicker, longer and stronger hair
- Reduce the appearance of aging, such as premature wrinkles and fine lines
- Eliminate dandruff and thereby support hair growth
- Boost immunity
- Exhibit anti-oxidant properties
- Prevent joint inflammation, stiffness, and pain
- Moisturize hair and promote its growth
- Facilitate wound healing
- Be an effective emulsifier in the formulation of soaps and quick-drying oils
- Exhibit anti-inflammatory properties
- Soothe acne and reduce chances of future outbreaks
- Promote moisture retention in skin and hair
- Make oils feel thinner in consistency, thus being beneficial for use on acne-prone skin
- Exhibit anti-oxidant activity, which delays the appearance of the symptoms of aging such as wrinkles
- Repair and improve the appearance of damaged tissue
- Soften and soothe the skin and hair
- Keep dry, brittle skin and hair hydrated, thus restoring the moisture and luster
- Increase circulation and thereby enhance the health and strength of the hair and skin
- Boost collagen production
- Relieve skin of sun damage
- Promote the growth of newer, firmer skin
- Boost immunity
- Reduce the appearance of scars and other unwanted blemishes
ESSENTIAL FATTY ACIDS:
- Produce and maintain the skin’s natural oil barrier
- Hydrate skin to promote a supple, youthful appearance
- Nourish cells and eliminate bodily toxins
- Protect skin by creating an antimicrobial barrier against harsh environmental elements
- Moisturize skin to prevent the premature signs of aging
- Reduce water loss through the skin’s surface
- Enhance the texture and softness of skin and hair
- Exhibit anti-oxidant activity
- Slow the appearance of wrinkles
- Facilitate the healing of burns, wounds, and other uncomfortable skin conditions
- Eliminate harmful bacteria, viruses, and fungi
- Offer intense moisture
- Condition the hair and eliminate dandruff
- Boost hair growth
- Delay the appearance of premature aging
- Moisturize and tighten the skin
- Promote the growth of shiny hair
- Enhance the brightness of the complexion
- Boost the growth of healthy-looking nails
- Enhance skin elasticity to prevent symptoms of premature aging, such as wrinkles
Extracting Carrier Oils:
Carrier oils are obtained from the nuts & seeds; they undergo the cold pressing method. The essential is extracted by two methods: steam distillation & solvent extraction.
- Cold pressing method:
This method is a chemical-free process. This includes keeping the nuts in seeds in the horizontal press known as expeller. The nuts & seeds drive through a battle-shaped hollow & compress until the oil comes. This oil is filtered that results in the finished product. The clean & pure oil comes out as solvent residues are not present in this method. The friction can create some heat during the process but this heat can cause some damage to the oil.
Types of Oils:
Carrier oils are categorized by solidity i.e. hard & soft.
- Hard Oils: These oils can be stored at room temperature. These oils should be melted into a liquid state before using it.
- Soft Oils: These are liquid at room temperature, these provide nourishment & moisturize the finished product.
Hard oils can replace hard oils & soft oils can replace soft oils.
Carrier Oils Uses & Benefits:
- Carrier oils are diluted into the essential oils.
- These don’t evaporate easily from the skin.
- These are used in aromatherapy for relaxing.
- These can be used without dilution.
- These oils can improve the feel & texture of the oils.
Absorption rate of carrier oils:
|ABSORPTION RATE||USES||CARRIER OILS|
|VERY FAST||Considered to be drying, because they are quickly absorbed by skin and do not leave a greasy residue. High in polyunsaturated fats||Hazel nut, Rosehip|
|These light oils are quickly absorbed by skin but leave a smooth, silky finish. Skin will feel moisturized rather than greasy||Apricot Kernel, Camellia Seed, Grape Seed, Meadow foam, Safflower, Canola Fractionated Coconut, Prickly, Pear, Broccoli Seed|
|These oils leave a silky feeling on the skin||Hemp Seed, Jojoba, Argan, Babassu, Raspberry Seed, Sesame|
|These oils could feel gummy or waxy before they warm up to body temperature. They tend to leave skin with a slight oily residue||Carrot Pomegranate, Sea Buckthorn, Black Currant Seed, Tamanu, Avocado, Castor Oat, Flax Seed, Sweet Almond, Kuikui Nut, Olive, Sunflower|
|These oils may need to have gentle heat applied to them before use. They tend to feel heavy on the skin and leave a thick, oily, and moisturizing barrier on the skin but are absorbed by the skin eventually Higher in saturated fats and have a longer shelf life than those that dry quickly||Evening Primrose, Neem, Palm, Borage, Macadamia Nut|
Carrier oil Diffusers:
Essential oils are diffused in the electric diffusers but carrier oils don’t need diffusers. These can be incorporated in reed diffuser in place of water & alcohol.
Quality of Oils:
A good quality carrier oil is natural & unadulterated and of course, cold-pressed. These have high-quality but can become rancid quickly. Let’s learn about how to identify quality of the oils:
- Method of Extraction:
- Consistency & Absorption:
- Natural Fatty acids & Tocopherols:
- Sun protection factor (SPF):
Carrier oils are odorless or have mild, distinctive aroma i.e. nutty. Sweet or characteristic of the seeds or nuts.
carrier oils are used in natural products that why they are obtained by the cold-pressed method. Extra virgin oils are pressed one time only.
Carrier oils can be thick or thin. The choice depends on personal preferences.
Carrier oils have restorative & beneficial fatty acids that make butter moisturizing & nourishing. These make oil regenerative & stimulating; it makes skin & hair look & feels younger and fresher. Tocopherols are a natural preservative. Many carrier oils have high nutrient content.
Some oils have components like minerals that protect from the UVB radiation. These prevent rays from burning the skin. When the skin gets damaged by the overexposure of the sun it leads to premature signs of aging, fine lines, dark spots & wrinkles. It should not be used as a replacement for other sun-protective agents.
Storing Carrier Oils:
Carrier oils can be stores like essential oils. These should be stored in cool & dark places away from direct light or sunlight. Some oils can be stored in the refrigerator as it preserves the freshness of the oils. Some oils can turn rancid soon that’s why 1% vitamin E is added to increase the shelf life.
Carrier oils price:
The price of the oils depends on the types of plants from which they are derived; it depends on the botanical name, therapeutic values & processing method.
Where to Buy ?
You can buy carrier oils from anywhere i.e. health food stores, grocery stores or from the renowned websites. AG Industries is the leading supplier of carrier oils. Our products are cruelty-free; we have pure & natural oils. We provide the best quality to the customers so that they remain healthy & safe. We sell our products at competitive prices.
- Consult a doctor before use if pregnant, breastfeeding or on medication.
- If allergic to nuts avoid.